sábado, 21 de enero de 2012

More info: HILTON RECORDING NEW ALBUM, WORKING WITH AFROJACK AND LMFAO


Attempting to conquer the dance scene, Paris Hilton is working on a sophomore album, with Afrojack producing and LMFAO providing a guest appearance.

In the fall, Paris Hilton was reportedly working with David Guetta, Afrojack, and Deadmau5 to become a house DJ. It appears that standing in a booth is too far out of the spotlight for the socialite and one-time reality TV star. Although her 2006 debut was a flop, at a time when her star profile was more relevant, Hilton seems to think that recording a dance-influenced album will put her back in the public favor – or at least make her musically legitimate. Although Guetta and Deadmau5 are no longer intertwined with Hilton’s aspirations, Afrojack is on as producer for the Simple Life star’s sophomore release.

Hilton is adamant that her sophomore release will have a new sound: “It's completely different from my last album. I'm going with a whole new genre. I have Afrojack executive-producing the entire album. So we've just been coming up with the most incredible tracks. I was just in the studio with RedFoo the other night, so we're going to be doing my new single with LMFAO."

Could collaborating with LMFAO produce a hit for Hilton? Knowing the electronic duo years before, Hilton snagged them for a guest appearance. She said: "I've known them since I was a little girl. We grew up together 'cause our parents are friends, so I'm just so proud of them and all their success and what they've done 'cause they've just created this whole 'Party Rock' brand and it's just so awesome."

The album is scheduled for a summer release, and the heiress is additionally collaborating with Repo! The Genetic Opera director Darren Bousman on a musical project – theoretically, her first big-screen singing endeavor. On the other hand, Hilton emphasized to MTV that she’s always been musical – so don’t think of her album in the same vein as a Real Housewives vanity single: "I think a lot of people don't know that music is my passion since I was a little girl. I'm very musically talented. This is more my thing [musically on this album], more of a club scene, more dance. ... The single's done; it's in the can. That's probably going to be out [within] the next month or two."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario