lunes, 24 de septiembre de 2012

Sky Blu Says LMFAO's Hiatus Will 'Free Up Our Minds'


Sky Blu wants fans to know one thing: LMFAO are still a band. "Well, you know, first of all, we're not breaking up. I know that for sure. We're family and stuff, so it's always love," he told MTV News, days after some comments bandmate Redfoo made led many fans to believe he was referring to a breakup with Sky Blu and not a hiatus. He continued, "It's interesting because somebody will say one thing [and] it's just like high school, then all of a sudden [it's] 'They're breaking up. They're fighting.' It kind of gets blown out of proportion, so we're definitely not breaking up." While they may not be splitting for good, Sky does confirm now is the perfect time for a hiatus, as the guys focus on separate projects for the time being. "Well, you know, we've been working as LMFAO for so long and you know we've been working on a lot of other projects as well. And so I feel like our creative paths, we need to kind of realize these projects we've been working on. And it'll free up our minds and stuff to be able to take on another LMFAO project because the next one we do it's got to be that like [an] amazing, amazing crazy album and stuff like that," he said. "It's kind of like, let us get our wind up, let us kind of show the world who we are as individuals and then we come together stronger than ever." For now, with Sky recovered from a back injury he suffered back in December of last year, he's now ready to focus on the now and his current project, Big Bad University, which he formed with his pals Shwayze, Mark Rosas and Chelsea Korka. "I was hurt for a better part of this last year and we spent a lot of time away from each other," he said (some of that time apart led to previous breakup rumors back in April). "I was at home recuperating. I couldn't really walk at all. I had to go through like six months of intensive back rehabilitation, but now I'm back. "I created my own university. Basically I grew up people always telling me what I can and can't do. And I always kind of classified myself as a dreamer... I created a university for dreamers. We have a lot of musical artists in there and DJs and everybody in there is about to release a big song. I kind of want to show the world what's up with Sky." The collective is not only aiming to create hits, but also contribute their songs to charitable causes. He said, "We recently released a song called '#sexsong' and all the proceeds on iTunes go to Lifebeat, to promote HIV and AIDS awareness and prevention. It's all about giving back." Just because he described the outfit as "family" doesn't mean he has plans to forget about Uncle Redfoo anytime soon. "That [will take up my hiatus time] and also I've been working on a lot of records for LMFAO too. I have a backlog of a lot of songs," he said. With musical time off, Sky assures everyone that the upcoming holiday season won't at all be awkward in the Party Rockers' respective houses. "Hell no! I love Foo with all my heart, that's my man. Me and him we did this whole thing together. I have him to thank for a lot of stuff that's going right in my life," he said. "Me and him are always good. That's my uncle. I love him." Comment below to tell us if you're ready to hear some solo projects from LMFAO!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario